How Do I Book An Appointment?
Nursing and HCA Appointments
For appointments with our Nursing and HCA teams (including blood tests, ECGs, dressings, immunisations and other injections, long term condition reviews, health checks, smear tests and contraception reviews) please contact the practice to book. These appointments can be booked in advance.
GP and Other Clinician Appointments
For GP and other clinician appointments, please submit an Engage Consult request before 13:00. Our Engage Consult service is available to submit your enquiry online, weekdays 07:45-18:00 (after 18:00, for emergencies only, please contact the practice).
- For ongoing medical problems: Please submit your enquiry as early as possible on one of your clinician's consulting days
- For new medical problems: Please submit your enquiry before 13:00 any day that the practice is open
- Enquiries received before 13:00 will be dealt with that day by our Triage Team, consisting of 1-2 GPs and a Care Navigator
- Please only submit your enquiry on a day that you are available to take a call and/or attend the practice. If you are unable to do this, you will be asked to submit another Engage Consult enquiry on a day that you are available
- Non-urgent enquiries received after 13:00 may not be addressed until the next working day
- If your enquiry is non-urgent or requires a specific clinician and we receive it on a day that they are not available or after they are fully booked, you will be asked to re-submit your enquiry, first thing in the morning, on a day that they are available
For more information on how to use Engage Consult, please view our Engage Consult Information page.
If you are unable to use Engage Consult, please contact the practice and speak to our Patient Services Team, who can guide you through the Engage Consult enquiry form over the phone.
You may only submit an Engage Consult enquiry in your own name. If you are completing an enquiry on behalf of another person, please ensure you enter their name and details and confirm that they have provided their consent and are aware that you are contacting us on their behalf. Please submit one enquiry per patient (do not submit one enquiry for several family members).
How Do I Cancel An Appointment?
If you are unable to attend your appointment, please telephone the practice as soon as possible so that it can be offered to another patient. If you fail to notify the practice that you are unable to attend, this will be noted and you will be sent a letter. Persistent defaulters may be removed the patient list.
Missed appointments in primary care are estimated to cost the NHS around £216m per year.
What If I Need A Home Visit?
We encourage our patients to come to the practice but we appreciate that this is not always possible. If you feel you need a home visit, please telephone the practice as early as possible, ideally before 10:00.
We can only provide home visits if you are housebound or are too unwell to visit the practice.
Home visits may be carried out by a healthcare professional from the practice, or by the Oxfordshire-wide Primary Care Visiting Service, staffed by highly skilled Emergency Care Clinicians.