How Do I Book an Appointment with a GP?
All GP appointment requests are managed on a same day basis so please only put through your request on a day you are free to consult and attend the practice for an examination if needed. If you wish to consult with a specific GP, please check their normal consulting days before submitting your request to avoid being asked to re-submit again on another day.
Requests should ideally be made via submitting an Online Consultation request using the tab ‘Consult with a GP/Clinician’. For those unable to access the service you can contact Patient Services on 01367 242388 and they will be able to submit a request on your behalf. We strongly encourage those that do have access to the internet to submit their own requests to preserve the phone lines for those at highest need.
What are the advantages if I submit my own request?
- No waiting in a phone queue – frees up space for those that genuinely need it
- You can submit a request from 07:00 (phone lines open from 08:00)
- We can reply directly back to you directly if needed
- You can put things down in your own words and add in photos/documents if needed
- The Online Consultation system will pick up any ‘red flags’ requiring urgent attention via A&E