Prescriptions and Dispensary
Please allow at least 7 working days for your request to be processed. There are occasions where we may need to order your medicine, which may result in some delay.
For patient safety reasons, we do not take repeat prescription requests by telephone.
How Do I Request My Repeat Prescriptions?
- Via Patient Access - you will need to have a username and password to use this service. A registration form can be collected from reception, please come into the practice with photo ID in order for us to register you.
- Email - our address for repeat prescriptions is Whitehorse.email@example.com for more information please click here
- In the practice - there is a post box to the right of the entrance door which is regularly checked for post and requests and a repeat prescriptions box at the dispensary. If you do not have your repeat prescription slip which came with your medicine, you can write your requirements along with your name and date of birth.
We have deactivated our online form. Please use one of the options listed above to request your prescriptions.
The practice has its own dispensary (01367 245402) which has successfully achieved the Dispensary Quality Service Scheme every year, since 2005.
Patients who live outside a one mile radius of a pharmacy may elect to collect their medication and appliances from the practice dispensary. Patients who live within a one mile radius of a pharmacy will have their prescriptions sent to their chosen pharmacy.
- Monday-Friday 08:00-18:30
- Closed all Public and Bank Holidays
If the practice is closed and you cannot wait for them to re-open you will need to contact one of the local pharmacies.
Opening hours are 07:00-23:00 Monday to Saturday and 09:00-13:05 on Sunday.
For more information about our dispensary, please view the frequently asked questions page.
View the cost of prescriptions on the NHS website.
If you will have to pay for four or more prescription items in three months or more than 15 items in 12 months, you may find it cheaper to buy a Prescription Prepayment Certificate (PPC).
There is further information about prescription exemptions and fees on the NHS website.
Electronic Prescribing Service
This practice is set up for the electronic prescription service.
This means that for non-dispensing patients (those living within a 1 mile radius of the practice) we can send your prescription to your chosen pharmacy directly. For dispensing patients (those living outside of a 1 mile radius of the practice) we will dispense your prescriptions from the Dispensary.
More information can be found on our Electronic Prescribing Service page.