- For ongoing medical problems (or where you wish to consult with a specific clinician) - please submit your enquiry as early as possible on one of your clinician's consulting days
- For new medical problems - please submit your enquiry as early as possible, we will be unable to accept medical requests through Engage once our capacity for the day is reached.
- For any urgent medical problems after our capacity is reached, please telephone the practice
- Enquiries received before 13:00 will be looked at that day by our Triage Team and Care Navigators
- Enquiries received after 13:00 may not be looked at until the next working day
- Non-urgent enquiries received after we are fully booked for the day (this may be earlier than 13:00 when we have reduced capacity) will be looked at that day by our triage team, who may ask you to re-submit your enquiry another day if they feel it is safe to do so
- If your enquiry is non-urgent or requires a specific clinician and we receive it on a day that they are not available or after they are fully booked, you will be asked to re-submit your enquiry, first thing in the morning, on a day that they are available
- Please only submit your enquiry on a day that you are available to take a call and/or attend the practice. If you are unable to do this, you will be asked to submit another Engage Consult enquiry on a day that you are available
- Please provide as much information as possible on your Engage Consult request to help the Triage Team and Care Navigators ensure you get the help you need
- Please ensure that you check your spam/junk folders for responses when submitting an Engage Consult request
If you are unable to use Engage Consult, please telephone the practice and speak to our Patient Services Team, who can guide you through the Engage Consult enquiry form over the phone.
You may only submit an Engage Consult enquiry in your own name. If you are completing an enquiry on behalf of another person, please ensure you enter their name and details and confirm that they have provided their consent and are aware that you are contacting us on their behalf. Please submit one enquiry per patient (do not submit one enquiry for several family members).
When We Are Closed
Over the weekend/Bank Holidays please contact NHS 111 for urgent issues and medical advice.
Self-Referrals and Support
We have a variety of local and national self-referrals and support options available to you.
Please try self-care first. We have some useful self-care advice on our minor injury and illness pages; or visit your local community pharmacist – they have extensive knowledge regarding self-care for minor illness.
Minor Injuries and Accidents
Please attend one of our local minor injuries units.
For eye conditions that have started within the last 6 weeks, please use the Minor Eye Conditions Service (MECS). This is an NHS service operated by specially trained optometrists.
For dental issues, including dental or gum infections, jaw pain or persistent tongue or mouth ulceration, please contact your dentist in the first instance.
NHS Community Pharmacist Consultation Service
We are participating in a new approach to improve access for patients to GP appointments. The aim is to direct patients to the most appropriate healthcare professional, which may be a GP or a pharmacist.
From 2nd August if your symptoms could be resolved by a booked consultation with the pharmacist instead of the GP, you will be given a same day referral to a pharmacy of your choice.
We think this is a good thing - once you see how great your local pharmacist is – they are highly trained and skilled clinicians experienced in treating minor illnesses – we don’t think you’ll look back.
This will also help us to free up GP appointments for people with more complex health needs and ensure that everyone gets treated at the right time, by the right healthcare professional.
We are keen to hear what you think and will be listening to your comments and feedback about your experience of using this service.
More information can be found on our NHS Community Pharmacist Consultation Service page.
Guides on How to Use Engage Consult
With the introduction of Engage Consult, we have created some guides which you may find useful.